A compromise application is filed in proceedings where a settlement has been reached but a party to the proceeding is either deceased, has a disability preventing them from making decisions or is a minor.

A proceeding must be commenced at the County Court before a compromise application is filed.

You must file the certificate of solicitor and consent of litigation guardian at the commencement of proceedings to ensure the compromise application is processed.

Refer to the Common Law Division forms page to browse for the relevant forms.

Was this page helpful?

Page last updated: 14 December 2018