Transferring a Commercial proceeding from another court

In certain circumstances Commercial proceedings between the Magistrates, County and Supreme courts can be transferred.

Case transfers are dealt with under the Courts (Case Transfer) Act 1991.

Six types of transfers are possible under the Act, with the most common being individual and administrative transfers.

Applications to transfer a case into the County Court must be filed with the court the matter is currently before.

Was this page helpful?

Page last updated: 11 September 2018