Criminal Division of the County Court
Her Honour Judge Hannan is the Head of the Criminal Division.
The County Court has jurisdiction to hear all indictable offences, except treason, murder and related offences.
fraud and dishonesty offences,
serious assault and
income and sales tax offences.
The majority of offences arise under Victorian legislation, however the Court also deals with a number of offences under Commonwealth legislation.
Criminal Division Monthly Update
Please click here to access the County Court Criminal Forms
The Court hears appeals in relation to:
- Intervention orders and cases from the criminal jurisdiction of the Magistrates' Court, and
- The criminal and family divisions of the Children’s Court
Please follow this link to access the Criminal Jurisdiction contact information.
Information for Litigants in criminal matters
- Adjournments and Bail/Surety
- Appeals from the Magistrates' Court
- Fines and Costs
- Criminal Jurisdition Frequently Asked Questions
- Obtaining Legal Advice and Assistance
- Pre-Appeal Mentions and Intervention Order Appeals